About the charter boat FV Sirocco
The Sirocco operates under the New Zealand Safe Ship Management Policy, (MSA No 106118) and carries all safety and navigational equipment including echo (depth/fish) sounder, radar and GPS.
It has a full survey with life jackets and life rafts for 20 passengers.
The 55-foot ex-Western Australian Crayfishing boat was built in 1989 by Sea Chrome Marine, Fremantle. It's 700-horsepower Fiat engine provides a cruising speed of 14 knots and a maximum speed of 20 knots.
- The 33 foot deck area allows plenty of space for anglers.
- Dive ladder.
- On-board toilet.
- Comfortable cabin.
What to bring
- Bring Gumboots - or footwear you don't mind getting wet
- A wind jacket or light shower jacket is a good idea
- In Summer bring a sun hat and sunscreen, and sunglasses are recommended.
- In Winter bring warm clothing.
- If you bring your own gear, we suggest tackle using 50lb line, 12-16oz sinkers
- You can rent Alvey fishing rods and reels set up for deep-sea fishing from us. Please indicate this on the Contact form.
Tea and Coffee is supplied on board. We recommend you bring your own snack foods like fruit, snack bars, scroggin, etc. Remember we put on a Bar-B-Q for you during the trip!
Contact us now to arrange a fishing trip!